Alerts FAQsAlert Group Owners Alert End Users
FAQs for Desktop Alert Notification
- Desktop Alert Application crashes after installation
If after installation, during or after activation, application crashes, it usually means that it isn't installed properly.
You can try these steps
1. Try Uninstalling and then try Re-Install.
2. Re-Download installer from the website and try Re-Install.
3. Ask your Alert Group Owner for new installer. Alert Group Owner can re-order the new copy and get new installer.
- I am not receiving Alerts on my Desktop
Main reasons for not receiving desktop alerts are
1) Network down
Solution: Please check and enable the Network
2) Firewall not allowing Desktop Alerts to access Internet.
Solution: File to Allow Internet Access: DesktopAlerts.exe
Outbound Port: 80
3) Multiple Installations
Solution: Please make sure that you are using One Alert Group Member Credentials (Email and Password) for One Machine only. Software follows the principle of "One Group Member - One Alert".
4) Too short Alert Expiry time
Solution: Please make sure that Alert Expiry is not too short, 15 minutes (default) is a good option for most types of alerts.
- I am receiving potential virus warning trying to install
Many anti-virus programs and even Operating Systems nowadays view every unknown program with suspicion and rightly so.
Most important thing you can check w.r.t Alert software is to check for valid signature on the installer. If application is signed by our company "Sangranet Technologies" and it is a valid signature without any errors, you can be rest assured that there is no virus or malware in the program.
Here are certain screen snapshots to underline what needs to be checked
1. You see this screen when running the downloaded installer.
2. You will see this screen when you click the application publisher i.e Sangranet Technologies
3. You will see this screen when click View Certificate
There may be certain variations of these screens on different OS but basically you need to ensure that App Publisher is Sangranet Technologies and Signature is valid without any errors.
- What will happen when member subscription expires ?
When any member alert subscription expires, that member will receive a short message on its desktop that its application copy has expired and it can contact the Alert Group Owner for renewing the subscription if required.
No alert message will be served to the member whose subscription has expired.
If Alert Group Owner renews the subscription after its expiry, member will have to activate the application again by entering its credentials (email and password).
But if Alert Group Owner renews the subscription before its expiry, member won't be required to take any action. Application will continue working as before in this case.
Please note that if Alert Group Owner has selected "Expires: No" while creating the member subscription, then the application won't expire till Owner itself expires / deletes it manually.
- Can I reply to the Desktop Alert message ?
Yes, starting with version 4.9 , we have introduced the "Alert Reply & Rating Feature" as an option for the interested Alert Group Owners.
In this feature, there is an button called "Reply" available on both the Alert Window and the Log Window.
This button opens up a new window to Rate the Alert as Excellent / Average or Poor along with the Comments.
- I am getting Invalid Installation message after Install
Invalid Installation usually means that Installer wasn't able to write configuration to Windows Registry. Usually this happens due to insufficient permissions for the user account which is trying to install.
You can try these steps
- Check if program is running from system tray icon and if it is running, close it by right clicking on it and selecting Exit.
- Uninstall / Remove the program
- Login as Administrator
- Reinstall the program and reactivate it
FAQs for Email Notification
- I am not getting alerts in my mailbox
The possible reasons for non-delivery are
1) Invalid / Expired Email Subscription
Please login and check whether email address is valid and subscription has not expired.
2) Email in SPAM folder
Many times emails land up in spam nets or junk folders.
Every user wanting to receive the Email alerts must add alertsdesktop.com and business-alerts.com to their white lists so that incoming email alerts are not directed to spam / junk folder.
Each alert email has an Unsubscribe link at the bottom which immediately stops delivery to that email address. So, there is no possibility of sending SPAM using alerts channel.
3) Ensure adequate time for delivery
Unlike Desktop Alerts, Email Alerts are not instantaneous or fast, they take time to be sent and time to be received.
So, clients must not rely on them for fast and accurate delivery, rather they should be taken a second line of action in case user can not access its desktop but can access its email.
Please use longer Alert Expiry times so that while sending email alerts to a long queue of email addresses, alert doesn't get expired midway.
FAQs for SMS Message
- I am not receiving SMS on my cell phone
Things to check are
1) Cell Phone number not in proper format.
Proper format for cell phone no in alert system is country code followed by full cell phone number without any prefix like + or 0 or any spaces
e.g. If country code is 1 (US) and area code is 773 (Chicago) and cell no is 338-7786, then the number you enter in alert system is 17733387786
2) Cell phone network / carrier not allowing incoming sms
Some cell phone operators restrict incoming sms to certain tariff plans only. So, in case you are not receiving the sms alerts, please check with your operator / carrier if you can receive international sms
3) Mobile number in Do not call / Do not text registry
Some cell phone operators in some countries have to abide by the Do not Call / Text registries. So, in case your number is in any such registry, sms delivery can fail.
FAQs for iPhone App
- How can i get Alerts on my iPhone?
1. Firstly you need to find out the name of your Alert Service provider app on the Apple App Store, search on App Store and install it on your iPhone / iPad.
2. If your Alert Service provider is using the generic iPhone app, you can get it from this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/businessalert/id618169690. You can also search for "BusinessAlert" app by "Sangra Net Technologies" in iTunes App Store and install it on your iPhone / iPad.
3. Once installed, use the subscription credentials provided by your service provider to activate the iPhone app. To do that, just click on Register/Login button on main screen and enter your registered email and password to activate your app.
4. Alternatively, you can register for new account from within the iPhone app itself. Just click the Register/Login button on main screen and then Register button, fill up the form and submit.
5. For Real Time Alert Notifications, you can purchase Premium mode from within the app by clicking on the Premium button on main screen and completing the subscription payment. Subscription charges can vary with each service provider and you can see the exact charges in the app itself.
6. In Basic mode (free), there are no Instant Alert Notifications rather you have to click the Refresh button on Alerts Screen to fetch the new alerts.
7. Please see the Help screen in the app for the exact info on all the options.
FAQs for Android App
- How can i get Alerts on my Android Phone / Tablet?
1. Firstly you need to find out the name of your Alert Service provider app on the Google Play Store, search on App Store and install it on your Android Phone / Tablet.
2. If your Alert Service provider is using the generic Android app, you can get it from this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sangranet.businessalert. You can also search for "BusinessAlert" app by "Sangra Net Technologies" in Google Play Store and install it on your Android phone / tablet.
3. After installing the app, you can use the subscription credentials provided by your Alert Service provider in your Android app to activate your app. To do that, just enter your registered email and password on Activate screen to activate your app.
4. Otherwise you can click the Register link on Activate screen and create your New Account to use with the Android app.
5. You will receive Instant Notification whenever the new alert is available. You can click on the Notification to view the Alert mesage.
6. Please see the Help screen in the app for the exact info on all the options.